STRATEGY AND RISKS REFORMING THE ELECTRICITY MARKET IN THE REGIONS OF UKRAINE
Introduction. Competitiveness implies a free choice of suppliers by consumers, absence of barriers to the market of supply and sale. The new European format of the electricity market model creates new challenges and threats to the functioning of electricity market enterprises in terms of transparent and objective conditions for access to consumption and operation of electricity networks, unbiased accelerated development of the electricity market to the dynamics of the economic system. Reforming the electricity market combines the processes of achieving organizational, economic, technical, social, and environmental goals. However, this combination has different consequences and risks associated with minimizing costs. Clarification of long-term goals and objectives requires a comprehensive approach to the analysis of the electricity market in the following areas: the formation of reform priorities, outlining the benefits and risks, assessing the likely risks of the environment.
The purpose of the article. The purpose of this article is to determine the most optimal strategy and the most probable risks that may arise in the processes of formation of the electricity market both in the regions of the state and nationwide.
Results. One of the most important problems of the system operator in ensuring its independence and mutual respect for all market participants. To this end, the following measures are legally justified: procurement of related services on a competitive basis; transparent information of the available list of related services, their volumes, cost, terms, and requirements to suppliers; formation of accounting for the cost and revenue component in the implementation of the centralization of dispatch management from other activities; formation of access to the capacity of interstate electric networks by conducting electronic auctions; submission of the UES development plan to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine for consideration even in case of disagreement of the interesting instances. However, strengthening the role of the system operator does not ensure its complete independence from external risks. Liberalization of the electricity market takes into account the availability to the wholesale market of other participants who can directly enter into agreements with generation companies and sell electricity to the retail market. Such participants are usually large industrial consumers. At the same time, the retail market is creating a so-called competitive environment, which is an alternative to the existing "oblenergo". The formation of consumer choice will further affect the price and quality and transparency of competitive relations.
Conclusions. The investment component of the region will grow only if the electricity market is reformed. However, the processes of introduction of a new model of the electricity services market are formed in a short time, the introduction and adoption of legislation, the implementation of organizational and structural changes, software testing. Nevertheless, the processes of reforming the electricity services market are an integral attribute of the region’s integrated investment policy.
2. Strishenets O. (2015) Ekoloho-ekonomichni zasady ratsionalnoho pryrodokorystuvannia: teoriia ta praktyka realizatsii: kol. monohrafiia [Ecological and economic principles of rational nature management: theory and practice of implementation: col. Monograph]. Lutsk: Tower-Print. 236 [In Ukrainian].
3. Kupchak V., Pavlova O., Pavlov K., (2019) Formuvannia ta rehuliuvannia rehionalnykh enerhetychnykh system: Teoriia, metodolohiia ta praktyka. Monohrafiia [Formation and regulation of regional energy systems: Theory, methodology and practice. Monograph]. Lutsk: SPD Gadyak Zhanna Volodymyrivna "Volynpolygraph". 346 [In Ukrainian].
4. Nova enerhetychna stratehiia Ukrainy: Bezpeka, enerhoefektyvnist, konkurentospromozhnist [New energy strategy of Ukraine: Security, energy efficiency, competitiveness]. URL https://mpe.kmu.gov.ua/minugol/doccatalog/document?id=2452 [In Ukrainian].
5. Pavlov K., Pavlova O., Korotya M. (2020) Rehuliuvannia diialnosti rehionalnykh hazorozpodilnykh pidpryiemstv Ukrainy: monohrafiia [Regulation of regional gas distribution enterprises of Ukraine: monograph]. Lutsk: SPD Gadyak Zhanna Volodymyrivna, printing house "Volynpoligraf". 286 [In Ukrainian].
6. Pavlov K.V. (2018) Otsinka konkurentospromozhnosti rehionalnykh rynkiv zhytlovoi nerukhomosti Ukrainy: monohrafiia [Estimation of competitiveness of regional markets of residential real estate of Ukraine: monograph]. Lutsk: PrAT «Volynska oblasna drukarnia», 482 [in Ukrainian].
7. Pavlov K.V., Pavlova O.M. (2019) Formuvannia ta rehuliuvannia konkurentnykh vidnosyn na rehionalnykh rynkakh zhytla Ukrainy : monohrafiia [Formation and regulation of competitive relations in the regional housing markets of Ukraine: a monograph]. Lutsk : vydavnytstvo «Teren», 542 [in Ukrainian].
8. Pavlova O.M., Pavlov K.V., Yakymchuk A.Yu., Sorokopud I.V., Haliant S.R. (2020) Enerhetychnyi rynok zakhidnoho rehionu Ukrainy [Energy market of the western region of Ukraine]. Mizhnarodnyi naukovyi zhurnal "Internauka". Seriia: "Ekonomichni nauky" - International scientific journal "Internauka". Series: "Economic Sciences", #7 [in Ukrainian]. DOI https://doi.org/10.25313/2520-2294-2020-7-6202
9. Postanova NKREKP vid 26.05.2018 r. # 556 «Pro vstanovlennia «zelenykh» taryfiv na elektrychnu enerhiiu dlia pryvatnykh domohospodarstv» [Resolution of the National Commission for Regulation of Economic Competition of May 26, 2018 № 556 “On setting“ green ”electricity tariffs for private households”] URL: http: www.nerc.gov.ua/ [In Ukrainian].
10. Postanova NKREKP vid 26.06.2018 r. # 505 «Pro vstanovlennia zelenykh taryfiv ha elektrychnu enerhiiu ta nadbavky do «zelenykh» taryfiv za dotrymanniam rivnia vykorystannia obladnannia ukrainskoho vyrobnytstva [Resolution of the National Commission for Regulation of Economic Competition of June 26, 2018 № 505 “On setting green tariffs for electricity and surcharges to“ green ”tariffs in compliance with the level of use of Ukrainian equipment] URL: http://www.nerc.govv.ua [In Ukrainian].
11. Slupsky B. (2009) Osnovni modeli rynkiv elektroenerhii ta osoblyvosti yikh derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia: porivnialnyi analiz [Basic models of electricity markets and features of their state regulation: a comparative analysis]. URL: http://archive.nbuv.gov.us/portalisoc.Gum/Dums/2009_3109 [In Ukrainian].
12. Strishenets O.M,, Pavlov K.V. (2016) Osoblyvosti konkurentnykh vidnosyn na rehionalnykh rynkakh nerukhomosti [Features of competitive relations in regional real estate markets]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika - Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod University. Series: Economics. Uzhhorod: Vyd-vo UzhNU «Hoverla», 1 (47). Vol.2. 35-38 [in Ukrainian].
13. Strishenets O.M. Pavlov K.V. (2017) Mekhanizm finansovo-kredytnoho zabezpechennia enerhoefektyvnykh zakhodiv na obiektakh ZhBK ta OSB [The mechanism of financial and credit support of energy efficiency measures at HBC and OSB facilities]. Klimatychni finansy: monohr. - Climate finance: monograph. Lutsk : Vezha-Druk, 165-183 [in Ukrainian].
14. Transformatsiia rynku elektroenerhii Ukrainy: shliakh vid vyrobnyka do spozhyvacha [Transformation of the electricity market of Ukraine: the path from producer to consumer]. URL: https://issuu.com/uaenergy/docs/poneer_market_holikova [In Ukrainian].
15. Fartushny I. (2017) Transformatsiia rynku elektroenerhii Ukrainy za umov yevropeiskoi intehratsii [Transformation of the electricity market of Ukraine under the conditions of European integration] URL: http://ied.kpi.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ [In Ukrainian].