MECHANISM OF FINANCIAL AND INVESTMENT SUPPORT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION OF UKRAINE IN THE CONTEXT OF THE FUNCTIONING OF THE EHEA
Introduction. The development of education in general and higher education in particular provides funding from the budgets of various levels. According to the law, the state provides allocations for education in the amount of not less than seven percent of GDP from the state, local budgets and other sources of funding not prohibited by law. The purpose of the article is to to form a mechanism of financial and investment support for the development of higher education in Ukraine in the context of the functioning of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). Results. In 2018, the contributions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (44,77 %), households (26,66 %) and regional budgets/local government (12,31 %) were the most significant in general expenditures on higher education. Contributions from other financial agents were less than 10 % of the total. The costs of higher education providers were as follows: services in the field of education – 91,47 %; secondary activities within educational institutions – 3,67 %; secondary activities related to education – 4,85 %. The formed mechanism of financial and investment support for the development of higher education in Ukraine in the context of the EHEA includes financial agents (Central Government, regional budgets/local government, non-governmental sector), tools and relevant measures at the macro-, meso- and microlevels. Conclusions. Recommendations for improving the financial and investment support for the development of higher education in terms of income (diversification of sources of funding for higher education institutions (HEIs) with increasing the share of regional and local budgets; intensification of work with various funds, centers, donors and philanthropists; revival of own investment activity; diversification of products (goods, works, services)) and expenditures (reduction in the total share of consumption expenditures that ensure the current functioning of the HEIs; increase in the total share of development expenditures for financial support of scientific, investment and innovation activities of the HEIs) are formed
2. Boholib, T. M. (2006). Finansove zabezpechennia rozvytku vyshchoi osvity i nauky v Ukraini [Financial support for the development of higher education and science in Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
3. Butska, O. Yu. (2010). Finansove zabezpechennia diialnosti vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu [Financial support for the activities of a higher education institution]. Donetsk [in Ukrainian].
4. Vaniieva, M. (2008). Finansovyi mekhanizm rehuliuvannia diialnosti derzhavnykh vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv [Financial mechanism for regulating the activities of state higher education institutions]. Lviv [in Ukrainian].
5. Helman, V. M. (2008). Finansove zabezpechennia vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini [Financial support of higher education in Ukraine]. Donetsk [in Ukrainian].
6. Honcharenko, A. M. (2009). Upravlinnia kapitalom pryvatnoho vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu [Capital management of a private higher education institution]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
7. Yerfort, O. Yu. (2015). Rozvytok systemy finansovoho zabezpechennia vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini [Development of the system of financial support of higher education in Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
8. Ishchuk, L. I. (2010). Formuvannia i vykorystannia finansovykh resursiv u vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladakh [Formation and use of financial resources in higher educational institutions]. Lviv [in Ukrainian].
9. Lev, T. O. (2000). Syntez systemy finansovoho menedzhmentu derzhavnoho VNZ, shcho funktsionuie v umovakh rynku [Synthesis of the financial management system of a state HEI operating in market conditions]. Donetsk [in Ukrainian].
10. Muravska, V. A. (2013). Formuvannia mekhanizmu finansovoho zabezpechennia ahrarnoi vyshchoi osvity ta nauky v Ukraini [Formation of the mechanism of financial support of agrarian higher education and science in Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
11. Oleksyn, A. H. (2012). Efektyvnist finansuvannia osvitnikh innovatsii v systemi vyshchoi osvity Ukrainy [Effectiveness of financing educational innovations in the system of higher education of Ukraine]. Zaporizhzhia [in Ukrainian].
12. Tymoshenko, O. V. (2010). Finansovyi mekhanizm funktsionuvannia ta rozvytku systemy vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini [Financial mechanism of functioning and development of the higher education system in Ukraine]. Sumy [in Ukrainian].
13. Shashkevych, O. L. (2008). Finansovi resursy vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv: optymizatsiia formuvannia ta efektyvnist vykorystannia [Financial resources of higher educational institutions: optimization of formation and efficiency of use]. Ternopil [in Ukrainian].
14. Yaryshko, O. V. (2006). Finansove upravlinnia vyshchymy navchalnymy zakladamy I–II rivnia akredytatsii [Financial management of higher educational institutions of I-II level of accreditation]. Dnipropetrovsk [in Ukrainian].
15. Yastrubskyi, M. Ya. (2006). Upravlinnia finansovymy resursamy vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv v umovakh transformatsii ekonomiky Ukrainy [Management of financial resources of higher educational institutions in the conditions of transformation of economy of Ukraine]. Lviv [in Ukrainian].
16. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Satelitnyi rakhunok osvity v Ukraini u 2018 rotsi [Satellite account of education in Ukraine in 2018]. (2020). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].