HUMAN RESOURCES COMPETENCE AND MANAGEMENT
The development of a market economy has changed the requirements for the basic characteristics of staff, has increased the value of creative attitude to work and high professionalism of personnel. Thus, the issues of personnel management and its competence are considered as priority directions in improving the system of general management of the enterprise.
It is substantiated that competence management is a set of measures performed at the enterprise aimed at identifying, acquiring, developing and maintaining those competencies of employees, which allow to achieve the strategic goals of the enterprise.
Competence management is perceived as part of human resource management, which in turn is a part of business management. So, we can talk about enterprise management based on competencies when the set of competencies used in human resource management contributes to achieving the expected results of the enterprise. Human resources management is understood as a set of personnel-related activities aimed at achieving the goals of the enterprise and meeting the needs (development) of employees. The main goal of human resources management is to help the company gain competitive advantage through the success of its employees. As competencies are expected to provide an enterprise with a competitive advantage as a result of value added, it is justified to focus on a strategic approach in personnel management. Strategic human resource management is envisaged to include decisions and actions that address employees, which in the future guide staff activities to the success of the enterprise. The primary objective of strategic human resource management is to identify areas and ways to use human resources to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
2. Gangani, N., McLean, G. N., Braden, R. A., (2006), A competency-based human resources development strategy, (w:) “Performance Improvement Quarterly”, Vol. 19. No 1. [in English].
3. Capece, G., Bazzica, P., (2013), A practical proposal for a “competence plan fulfillment”. Key performance indication, (w:) “Knowledge and Process management”, Vol. 20, No, 1. [in English].
4. Rausch, E., Sherman, H., Washbush, J.B., (2002), Defining and assessing competencies for competency-based, outcome-focused management development, (w:) “Journal of Management Development”, Vol. 21 Iss 3. [in English].
5. Van Assen, M. F., (2000), Agile-based competence management: the relation between agile manufacturing and time-based competence management. (w:) “International Journal of Agile Management Systems”, Vol. 2, No. 2. [in English].
6. Draganidis, F., Mentzas, G., (2006), Competency based management: a review of systems and approaches. (w:) “Information Management & Computer Security”, Vol. 14, No. 1. [in English].
7. Guidelines for Competency Management Systems for Downstream and Petroleum Sites, (2011), Petroleum Industry Association Ltd, published by Cogent. [in English].
8. Rodriguez, D., Patel, R., Bright, A., Gregory, D., Gowing, M.K., (2002), Developing competency models to promote integrated human resource practices, (w:) “Human Resource Management”, Fall, Vol. 41, No. 3. [in English].
9. Ngo, H., Jiang, C.Y., Loi, R. , (2014), Linking HRM competency to firm performance: an empirical investigation of Chinese firms, (w:) “Personnel Review”, Vol. 43 Iss 6. [in English].
10. Sienkiewicz Ł. (red.), Polityka zarządzania kompetencjami pracowników, Instytut Badań Edukacyjnych, 2013, s. 38. [in Polish].
11. Lipych Lubov, Khilukha Oksana, Kushnir Myroalava,Mokhniuk Anna (2019) Evoliutsiia roli liudskykh resursiv v upravlinni biznes-strukturamy. [Evolution of the role of human resources in business management] Ekonomichnyi chasopys Skhidnoievropeiskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrainky : zhurnal / uklad. LiubovHryhorivna Lipych, Myroslava Bohdanivna Kulynych. – Lutsk : Vezha-Druk,2019. – No 2 (18). – 37-44 с. https://doi.org/10.29038/2411-4014-2019-02-37-43. [in Ukrainian].
12. Lipych L.G.,Kushnir M.A., Khilukha O. A.(2019) Hnuchkist stratehii upravlinnia liudskymy resursamy biznes-struktur v umovakh hlobalizatsii. [Flexibility in human resources management strategy for businesses in a globalised environment]. Infrastruktura rynku. Elektronnyi naukovo-praktychnyi zhurnal. Vypusk 29. Prychornomorskyi naukovo-doslidnyi instytut ekonomiky ta innovatsii. Odesa. 2019. S.220-226. Elektronna storinka vydannia– www.market-infr.od.ua. [in Ukrainian].