DECENTRALIZATION REFORM IN UKRAJINE
Introduction. The article examines the main problems and risks of decentralization in Ukraine. The process of decentralization of public administration and redistribution of powers is analyzed. The importance of decentralization reform in the process of forming local self - government is proved. The essence, content and purpose of decentralization reform are analyzed, as well as the two stages into which the reform is divided. The main tasks of the reform and its advantages are determined.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the process of decentralization of power, disclosure of the content and purpose of the reform. Identify the main issues and problems that arise in the process of decentralization reform.
Results. Decentralization reform in Ukraine helps to build effective relations between the central government and local governments. Decentralization enables local and regional self-government bodies to expand and strengthen their rights.
The main advantages of decentralization reform are certainly the protection of human rights. The efficiency of local self-government bodies has increased, as they have been given local powers. Socio-economic development has also been improved and democratic procedures strengthened. However, in the process of implementing the reform there were certain problems, namely:
- perception of the reform by the people;
- inconsistency of powers between executive bodies, governing bodies in united territorial communities, local self-government bodies, district councils and district state administrations;
- lack of quality staff, low qualification of local governments and employees in the united territorial communities;
- state control over the activities of local self-government.
The results of the decentralization reform have strengthened the interest of local governments in increasing revenues to local budgets, finding reserves to fill them, and improving the efficiency of tax and fee administration.
Conclusions. As a result, we can say that decentralization makes it possible to form independent and capable communities. Local governments, thanks to their powers, can independently address issues of local life, the role of citizens, their influence on the processes of decision-making and implementation to ensure the conditions of social and economic development of society have increased.
The decentralization reform contributes to the improvement of the lives of Ukrainian citizens, the building of a legal, modern, efficient, competitive state.
2. Yurkevich I. (2017). Decentralizacija ta reformuvannja miscevogho samovrjaduvannja v Ukrajini. [Decentralization and reform of local self-government in Ukrajine]. Aktualjni problemy pravoznavstva. [Actual problems of jurisprudence]. 3 (11). Pp. 100-104.
3. Zvernennja proghramnogho kharakteru ghetmana Pavla Skoronadsjkogho «Ghramota do vsjogho ukrajinskogho narodu» vid 29.04.1918. [Address of program nature of Hetman Pavlo Skoropadsky "Diploma to all Ukrajinian people" dated 29.04.1918] Retrieved from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/n0003300-18.
4. Koncepcija reformy miscevogho samovrjaduvannja ta terytoriajlnoji orghanizaciji vlady v Ukrajini: Rozporjadzhennja Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrajiny vid 01.04.2014 № 333-р. Vidomosti Verkhovnoji Rady Ukrajiny. [The concept of reform of local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukrajine: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukrajine dated 01.04.2014 № 333-r. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukrajine], 2014. № 333-r.
5. Decentralizacija: korotko pro gholovne. [Decentralization: briefly about the main thing]. Retrieved from: http://cost.ua/news/698-detsentralizatsiya-korotko-pro-holovne.
6. Korrneva O. V. (2018). Osnovni problemy provedennja reformy decentralizaciji v Ukrajini 2014-2018 rokakh. [The main problems of decentralization reform in Ukrajine in 2014-2018]. Porivnjaljno-analitychne pravo. [Comparative and analytical law]. 3. Pp. 68–69.
7. Macedonska N. V., Klividenko L. M. (2017) Decentralizacija v Ukrajini ta osnovni shljakhy jiji vprovadzhennja v suchasnykh umovakh. [Decentralization in Ukrajine and the main ways of its implementation in modern conditions]. Economika i suspiljstvo. [Economy and society]. 8. Pp. 613–618.
8. Gnidyuk I. V., GorokhovskayaY. I.(2015). Decentralizacija v Ukrajini: suchasnyj stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku. [Decentralization in Ukrajine: current state and development prospects]. Molodyj vchenyj. [A young scientist]. 5 (20). Pp. 108-111.
9. Chudyk N.O. (2016). Decentralizacija vlady – shljakh do narodovladdja. [Decentralization of power - the path to democracy]. Actuajlni problemy pravoznavstva. [Actual problems of jurisprudence]. Retrieved from: http://appj.tneu.edu.ua/index. php / appj / article / view / 17/0.
10. Monitoryngh procesu decentralizaciji vlady ta reformuvannja miscevogho samovrjaduvannja. [Monitoring the process of decentralization of power and reform of local self-government]. Retrieved from: https://decentralization.gov.ua/mainmonitoring.
11. Onishchenko V. V. (2017). Osoblyvosti bjudzhetnoji decentralizaciji v Ukrajini: teoretychnyj aspect. [Features of budget decentralization in Ukrajine: theoretical aspects]. Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove ghospodarstvo. [International economic relations and the world economy]. 12 (2). Pp. 45-49.
12. Pavlov K.V, Pavlova O.M. (2019). Formuvannja ta reghuljuvannja konkurentnykh vidnosyn na reghionalnykh rynkakh zhytla Ukrajiny: monoghrafilja. [Formation and regulation of competitive relations in the regional housing markets of Ukraine: a monograph]. Lutsk: vydavnyctvo «Teren». [Teren Publishing House]. 542 p.
13. Pavlova O.M. (2019). Tovarna forma orghanizaciji syspilnogho vyrobnyctva v umovakh rozvytku nacionalnoji ekonomiky Ukrajiny (drughoji polovyny XVII – kincja XVIII st.): monoghrafija. [Commodity form of organization of social production In terms of development of the national economy of Ukraine (second half of the seventeenth - late eighteenth century.): Monograph]. Lutsk: vydavnyctvo «Teren». [Teren Publishing House]. 480 p.
14. Pavlov K., Pavlova O., Kupchak V. (2019). Integral Indicators Based on Competitiveness Capacity Characteristics of Regional Real Estate Markets of Ukraine. Journal of Competitiveness. №11(3). 87–108 с. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.7441/joc.2019.03.06.